Saturday, May 5, 2012

John's Vision of Christ


                                  "John's Vision of Christ"

  
Revelation 1:1-3 “The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to show unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John: 2 Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw. 3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.”

So we see that this Revelation is the revealing of Jesus Christ and that the message originally came from God the Father but since the introduction of sin, all communication between heaven and earth has been through Jesus Christ as He is the only mediator between God and man. We also see that the events that are outlined in the book of Revelation were in the future at the time that they were given. The word of God is none other than Jesus Christ, the creator of all things who was manifest in human flesh and dwelt amongst us. So it is He that John bares record of here and thus this is a message from Jesus, not from John. Revelation 19:10 states that the testimony of Jesus Christ is the spirit of prophecy and so John is bearing record of the gift of prophecy as it is revealed through Jesus Christ. John saw the testimony of the Old Testament prophets concerning Jesus Christ fulfilled in Him and heard the words of life as they came from the Father through Jesus. Note that a blessing is pronounced upon those that read this book and those that hear the words of this prophecy and those that follow its teachings. Also, the time for the fulfilment of these messages is now at hand.

"Look, I am coming soon! Blessed are those who keep the words of the prophecy in this scroll." 8 I, John, am the one who heard and saw these things. And when I had heard and seen them, I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who had been showing them to me. 9 But he said to me, "Don't do that! I am a fellow servant with you and with your fellow prophets and with all who keep the words of this scroll. Worship God!" 10 Then he told me, "Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this scroll, because the time is near." 11 "Let those who do wrong continue to do wrong; let those who are vile continue to be vile; let those who do right continue to do right; and let those who are holy continue to be holy." 12 "Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what they have done." 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End. 14 "Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city." 15 Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood. 16 "I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star." 17 The Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let those who hear say, "Come!" Let those who are thirsty come; and let all who wish take the free gift of the water of life. 18 I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If any one of you adds anything to them, God will add to you the plagues described in this scroll. 19 And if any one of you takes words away from this scroll of prophecy, God will take away from you your share in the tree of life and in the Holy City, which are described in this scroll. 20 He who testifies to these things says, "Yes, I am coming soon." Amen. Come, Lord Jesus. 21 The grace of the Lord Jesus be with God's people. Amen. 






"Nevertheless I have this against you, that you have left your first love."Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent and do the first works,or else I will come to you quickly and remove your lampstand  from its place--unless you repent."But this you have, that you hate the deeds of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate. "He who has an ear, let him hear what the spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes I will give to eat from the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God. "And to the angel of the church in Smyrna write, 'These things says the First and the Last, who was dead, and came to life: "I know your works, tribulation, and poverty (but you are rich); and I know the blasphemy of those who say they are Jews and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan. "Do not fear any of those things which you are about to suffer. Indeed, the devil is about to throw some of you into prison, that you may be tested, and you will have tribulation ten days. Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life. "He who has an ear, let him hear what the spirit says to the churches. He who overcomes shall not be hurt by the second death. "And  to the Angel of the church in Pergamos write, 'These things says He who has the sharp two-edged sword: "I know your works, and where you dwell, where Satan's throne is. And you hold fast to My name, and did not deny My faith even in the days in which Antipas was My faithful martyr, who was killed among you, where Satan dwells. "But I have a few things against you, because you have there those who hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balak to put a stumbling block before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed to idols, and to commit sexual immorality. "Thus you also have those who hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate. "Repent or else I will come to you quickly and will fight against them with the sword of My mouth. "He who has an ear, let him hear what the spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes I will give some of the hidden manna to eat. And I will give him a white stone, and on the stone a new name written which no one knows except him who receives it. "And to the angel of the church in Thyatira write, 'These things says the Son of God, who has eyes like a flame of fire, and His feet like fine brass: "I know your works, love, service, faith and your patience; and as for your works, the last are more than the first. "Nevertheless I have a few things against you, because that women Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess, to teach and seduce My servants to commit sexual immorality and eat things sacrificed to idols. "And I gave her time to repent of her sexual immorality, and she did not repent. "Indeed I will cast her into a sickbed, and those who commit adultery with her into great tribulation, unless they repent of their deeds. 



No comments:

Post a Comment